Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Prismacolors, blending stumps and baby oil

I colored this little mouse a few days ago and took pictures along the way.  I wanted to show some friends of mine the difference blending stumps and baby oil make in the finished product.

First I laid down some opposite colors to give the final colors a bit more depth.  The leaves and stem have a very light layer of  deco pink while the blossom has lime peel green.  The mouse has a light layer of terra cotta.

Next I added the majority of the colors.  Various greens, reds and browns plus blue and silver for the watering can.


Finally I used blending stumps and baby oil, plus a bit more color to achieve the final copy.

It could still use a little love, but I am happy enough with the end result.  She'll end up on a card once I finish the 50 million bridal shower invites I'm currently cranking out.  Also, if anyone knows who created the digital stamp image, please let me know!  I would love to give them credit here!

2 comments:

  1. You make me want to go buy prismacolors! But really i spent $200 on that cricut and have made like 3 cards and 1 project.

    Are you using regular paper when you print the digital stamps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I {heart} my prismacolors! When you give in to buying them, watch Ebay. Mine were $29 for a 48 count. List is something crazy like $80!

    I'm using Georgia Pacific white 110lb cardstock from Walmart. I print on the side with more texture to give the pencils a little something to grab. I want to try some of the special cardstocks out there, but haven't parted with the cash yet.

    ReplyDelete