Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Muse Studio! And some other stuff...

Happy Sunday y'all!  I'm so excited to announce that I am now one of A Muse Studio's newest Creative Consultants!  This company is new to the home party stamping scene, but isn't new to stamping in the least.  I started reading about them and the more I read, the more I liked.  Then when I saw the introductory price for start up kits, I jumped head first.  A long time online friend of mine has said for years "Jump and the net will appear!"  I took her advice.  I'll be sharing my A Muse projects here very soon!  If you would like to learn more, please don't hesitate to contact me.

I do have a card to share with you today as well.  This one was bartered in exchange for my awesome sister collecting baby food jars for me.  It is a card to go along with a bridal shower gift she is giving.  Of course, the shower is, um, TODAY and she asked for the card last night.  Good thing I work under pressure, huh?





Most of the supplies are just random things I've managed to collect.  The foil paper is adhered to cardstock and then embossed.  It was far too thin and flimsy to go through alone.  I used Tim Holtz distress ink in Antique Linen to smudge over the heart and sentiment.  The technique involved my index and pinky fingers ::grin::  I tried using a paper towel to load up ink then transfer to the paper, but that was a giant fail.  So, in a moment of pure genius, I stuck my finger on the pad and started smudging it on the paper.  Brilliant!  

And, finally, a sneak peek at what I've been up to this morning.  I wonder if bermuda blue paint in my hair counts as highlights?





Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. beautiful card! that heart goes perfectly with that embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete