Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Dress Form Card

A friend was asking earlier this week (Hi Sara!) about an idea for belated birthday cards.  I'd seen a few dress forms used lately and my mind spun out a pretty fun idea.  Using the dress on the form, dolling it up with sparkles and colors and such, then the sentiment "I didn't forget your birthday, I'm just fashionably late."  Hers came out so darling that I had to give it a try myself.  I did find myself thinking that with tiny pearls and A Muse Studio's new gingham fabric, a cute retro card could be born.  Sadly, my kit just shipped yesterday so that idea will have to wait.

Here is what I came up with from my stash of goodies. 


The pattern paper was 2 sided so that was nice for coordination.  I trimmed the 12x12 sheets to run through the printer and printed the image once on the blue and once on the grey.  I touched up the outline of the dress on the blue with a black marker since it was funny in a couple of places due to the pattern.  I gave her a little stickles (Fruit Punch) belt, popped her up on some foam squares and tied a matching ribbon along the side.  Pretty cute huh? 

Image by melstampz.

4 comments: